How Community Works With Persona

In a decentralised environment a mechanism is needed in order to determine people are who they say they are.

Persona’s solution is to use the platforms community in order to check the identity of other users.

Community users who participate will need to confirm the authenticity of documents that users have provided and the identity of the people who being checked.

In return for providing these services they will be rewarded by receiving the platforms utility token called PRS.

Persona

Levels on the Persona Platform

Verification is provided by users. Users can provide up to 90% of the verification that a user will need to be fully verified. The remaining 10% of verification must come from trusted institution like a utility provider.

There are different levels which community verifiers are able to achieve. When they achieve a higher level they have more verifying power.

Someone who is Level 1 would only have 5% verifying power. If a user required verification and only level 1 users participated in the verifying process, then 18 users would be required in total for verification.

If someone has reached Level 6 then they have 30% verification power. In this scenario, if a user wanted verification and only level 5 verifiers were used then only 4 users would be required.

If someone verifies a users and their identity is later proved to be false, then that user is flagged and they lose their entire verification percentage.

Persona Token

PRS Tokens

PRS Tokens are the utility token used to incentivise users to be involved with verification. PRST tokens will be listed on cryptocurrency exchanges and have actual monetary value.

PRS Tokens are being distributed through a Token Generation Event (TGE) you can learn more about the TGE here:

Persona Website: https://persona.im/
Persona Whitepaper: https://persona.im/documents/whitepaper-v1.pdf
Persona Bitcointalk ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2656017.0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *